Tackle Football Player Weigh-Ins
Mandatory for all tackle football players
- Mid-Iowa Youth Football League utilizes ball carrier weight limits to increase player safety.
- Player weights are used to build equitable rosters.
- Tackle players must record their weight with the league by July 25th.
- Players without a recorded weight will not be rostered for the upcoming season.
- Weigh-Ins will take place after Skills and Drills clinics July 13th, July 15th, July 20th and July 22nd
- Final weigh-in date is Sunday, July 26th at the Waukee Youth Football Shed from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
- Flag and Tackle games will begin September 12th
- All flag games will take place at Waukee Stadium on Saturday mornings, 9:00 AM - Noon.
- Tackle game locations and start times will vary based on home/away, etc.
- All scheduling is subject to change and stadium availability.
Pre-Season Coaches Meetings
Mandatory for Tackle and Flag Head Coach and Assistant Coaches in 2020
- Tackle Football Head and Assistant Coaches
- August 2nd, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Flag Football Head and Assistant Coaches
- August 9th, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Agenda (New in 2020)
- Teamsnap team management and mobile app review
- Practice plans, drills, demonstrations, player safety
- Riddell Equipment Maintenance ($ NEW HELMET INVESTMENT $)
- And more
- Attendance is mandatory for the league to comply with USA Football's WYF League Certification and for WYF liability insurance.
- Meetings moved to August to avoid baseball and vacation conflicts
- Team Equipment
- Team equipment bags, dummies, shields, footballs, flag football game jerseys and tackle football practice jerseys will be distributed following the meetings.