Updated Season Start Date
Practices To Begin August 10th
Flag Football Game #1 Will Be August 29th
Tackle Football Game #1 will be August 29th or August 30th
All Teams Will Have A Bye Weekend (No Games) September 5th - September 6th. Practices will still be held.
Games will resume September 12th for 5 consecutive weeks.
October 17 - October 18th are being held open for make-up games as needed.
Tackle Football Player Weigh-Ins
Mandatory for all tackle football players
- Mid-Iowa Youth Football League utilizes ball carrier weight limits to increase player safety.
- Player weights are used to build equitable rosters.
- Tackle players must record their weight with the league by July 25th.
- Players without a recorded weight will not be rostered for the upcoming season.
- Weigh-Ins will take place after Skills and Drills (8:00 PM) clinics July 13th, July 15th, July 20th and July 22nd
- Final weigh-in date is Sunday, July 26th at the Waukee Youth Football Shed from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
- Equipment Check-Outs are by appointment only this season
- The link to reserve your time slot will be sent in your registration confirmation and posted on TeamSnap
- Coaches will receive their equipment and team's jerseys at the mandatory pre-season meeeting
- Flag and Tackle games will begin August 29th & August 30th
- All flag games will take place at Waukee Stadium on Saturday mornings
- Games will begin at 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM and Noon.
- Tackle game locations and start times will vary based on home/away, etc.
- All scheduling is subject to change and stadium availability.
Pre-Season Coaches Meetings
Mandatory for Tackle and Flag Head Coach and Assistant Coaches in 2020
- Tackle Football Head and Assistant Coaches
- 8:00 PM August 9th via Google Meet (See TeamSnap Email, Check Junk Mail)
- Flag Football Head and Assistant Coaches
- 7:00 PM August 9th via Google Meet (See TeamSnap Email, Check Junk Mail)
- League communication
- Practice plans, drills, demonstrations, player safety
- Riddell Equipment Maintenance ($ NEW HELMET INVESTMENT $)
- And more
- Attendance is mandatory for the league to comply with USA Football's WYF League Certification and for WYF liability insurance.
- Meetings moved to August to avoid baseball and vacation conflicts
- Team Equipment
- Team equipment bags, dummies, shields, footballs, flag football game jerseys and tackle football practice jerseys will be distributed following the meetings.