Skills & Drills
Players receive 15 hours of football FUNDAMENTALS, led by WYF Board Members and regular season coaches. We are very proud of this program and believe it is a big reason why Waukee Youth Football players enter the season prepared and fundamentally sound.
Parents are always welcome to stay and watch, we love seeing the Waukee community supporting their Wolves and Warriors!
Fully Focused On Teaching Fundamentals Every Session!
- Each session begins with 15 minutes of active stretching and warm-up to build flexibility and warm their muscles before drills begin.
- We introduce and practice USA Football's Heads-Up Techniques, applicable to Flag Football, Rookie Flag Football and Youth Tackle Football players.
- Our drills for the younger players are designed to introduce football basics, including positions, rules, lining up quickly, how to huddle and terminology.
- Our older players learn and practice even more in-depth techniques from USA Football, while also getting an even better workout than the younger kids:)
- July 12th - August 11th
- Waukee High School practice fields
- Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- 2nd - 8th Grade Boys and Girls
- $50 per player
- Register by June 1st to receive a camp T-Shirt
- Bring water and cleats
- We have many multi-sport athletes and summer vacations that overlap with our Skills & Drill sessions. Coaches and teammates will bring players up-to-speed if they need to miss a session.
Volunteer Coaches Needed
- All flag and tackle present and future coaches are welcome to help run stations at clinics when available. Smaller groups mean more repetitions for players!
- Board members will share the practice plan and coaching points for each drill and remain available throughout each session.
- Use the "Contact Us" Page to request more information!