Skills and Drills
Our Skills and Drills clinics are designed to give participants a head start on the season. Players will learn and polish their football skills while meeting coaches, playing with teammates and becoming acclimated to the heat before the season begins.
- July 13th - August 5th
- Waukee High School practice fields
- Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- 3rd - 8th Grade players
- $50 per player
- Register by June 1st to receive a camp T-Shirt
- Bring water and cleats
- We have many multi-sport athletes and summer vacations that overlap with our Skills & Drill sessions. Coaches will bring players up to speed if they need to miss a session.
Volunteer Coaches Needed
- Meet players and get back into the rhythm of coaching prior to the regular season
- Board members will share the practice plan and coaching points for each drill prior to each workout and remain available throughout each session.
Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures
We're excited to kickoff our Skills and Drills clinics tonight and look forward to meeting and reuniting with the players. Our Board of Directors has taken special care to create an environment that is focused on safety first. This includes recommendations from Dallas County Public Health, WCSD and USA Football. You will see precautions such as coach face coverings, limited equipment usage, disinfecting and temperature checks.
Tonight's drop-off will be much like dropping off kids at elementary school. Please take a minute to review all details below, as well as the attached map to correctly drop off players.
1. Enter campus from University Avenue. Use the circle drive entrance between Waukee High School and Prarieview School.
2. Remain in vehicles until it is your turn to check-in at the tent. A coach will guide your players to exit the vehicles.
3. Parents will wait until the player(s) pass their temperature check. Once passed, parents may then continue to exit the lot or park.
DO NOT PARK TO ESCORT YOUR PLAYER TO THE TENT ON FOOT. You will be asked to return to the circle drive line.
DURING SKILLS & DRILLS SESSION
- Players should bring a water bottle, clearly marked with their name on several sides to make it recognizable from any angle. Do NOT bring footballs, other equipment, etc.
- Parents are welcome to stay, but must watch from the sidewalk between the field and the parking lot. Please do not attempt to watch from sidelines as we have done in prior seasons.
- As coaches, we have planned our drills and activities in coordination with Dallas County, Waukee High School and USA Football. This includes following recommendations regarding face coverings, equipment usage, disinfectant, temperature checks and distancing.
When the session ends, coaches will release players to find their parent waiting on the sidewalk to depart. Please do not approach the field or sidelines to retrieve your player(s).
If you have not already completed, the link to the WYF Covid-19 Waiver available on the Covid-19 page.