Playing Tackle Football
- Practices begin August 17th and are mandatory.
- Prior to the first game, teams practice four times per week. After the first game, practices are three times per week. However, Seventh Grade may continue practicing four times per week.
- The Head Coach determines their specific practice schedule. Practices are a maximum of two hours, excluding water breaks.
- Practice location is mandated by the league and mapped on the Locations page
- The league president will cancel activities for inclement weather as needed
- Game schedules are released 3 weeks prior to the first weekend of games.
- Teams play six games (7 for Championship participants). Opening weekend is usually the first weekend following Labor Day.
What To Wear To Your First 5 Practices
- Practice #1 and #2: Helmet, Practice Jersey, Shorts, Cleats & Mouthpiece
- Practice #3, #4 and #5: Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Practice Jersey, Shorts, Cleats & Mouthpiece
- Players must complete each of these dress-outs individually. If a practice is missed, the player continues where they left off in the heat acclimatization process.
Replacement costs are as follows:
- $150 Helmet
- $100 Shoulder Pads
- $100 Game Jersey
- $025 Football Pants
- $025 Chin Strap
Players are responsible for providing
- Half Gallon or larger Water Jug
- Compression shorts or athletic style Boxer Briefs are highly recommended
- One mouthpiece per player will be provided
Pants and Practice Jersey Sizes
- Pants: To help us estimate needs prior to equipment check-out, pant size will be asked on the registration form. Players will still try on pants at equipment check-out and receive the size that fits best.
- Practice Jersey: The registration form will also include a selection for Practice Jersey size. Unlike pants, this selection is final. Players will receive the size that is selected for their practice jersey.
- Adjustments: If you would like to make an adjustment after completing your registration form, please use the Contact form to request. We will do our best to accomidate if possible.
- Staffs are comprised of one Head Coach and up to four assistant coaches. Assistants may be selected by the head coach in advance, or assigned by the board.
- Coaches complete the USA Football Certification Course and attend our pre-season live USA Football training.
- Our Coaching page contains all the tools needed to help our coaches, including videos, drills, practice plans, playbooks and more!
Code of Conduct
- Respect Your Player. Show positive encouragement, support and excitement in their efforts and role within their team.
- Respect Coaches. Allow them to lead the team and help players understand the importance of working together toward a common goal.
- Respect Trainers. Their decisions are final in all matters of players health and injuries.
- Respect Officials. Use your voice to cheer for your player and their team.
- Respect Opponents. Do not criticize an opposing team, its players, fans or coaches.
- Respect Youth Sports. Profanity and poor sportsmanship through words or actions is never allowed and cause for immediate removal.
- Only certified coaches and players playing in the current game permitted through the field gates and on the sidelines of home and away games. This applies to tackle and flag football.
- Football is a GAME, have FUN!
- Learn teamwork, commitment and perseverance.
- Show politeness, respect, self-control and integrity at football, at home and at school.
- School ALWAYS comes first! Plan to achieve success at school and football.
- Take pride in caring for your equipment.